tonight I shot film...


Definitely not one of my best self-portrait poses, but I wanted to show the success of a New55 negative that I captured tonight. I shot this one using the new wood wall in my studio/darkroom as the backdrop. Alot went into this shot to set it all up and photograph myself with the Toyo 4x5 camera and Fujinon 210mm lens. An overwhelming success on the focus. I think that this is as sharp as I can expect from a self-portrait. Lots of guessing on the location of my face, but I got it right tonight. For the lighting, I used one strobe and tripped the shutter using an air-bulb cable release. All-in-all, this is the result of needing something to take my mind off all of the stress from the day. Sometimes I watch TV, sometimes I listen to music, sometimes I read books. Tonight I shot film...

No comments:

Post a Comment