the word hope...


On this past Sunday, I read about a mural that was painted in downtown Greenville over an 8 hr period the day before. I hate that I missed the opportunity to get a photograph of the artists in action.  But I did stop by on Sunday afternoon to get a photo of a portion of the mural.  The word hope rings as true today as it always has. Here is an excerpt from a blog post that I did several years back:

hope - to have a feeling, chance, desire, expectation or wish to do something or to make something happen...

Without hope, our lives would be meaningless. We all have hopes that get us through the day (week, month or even year).  Hope is something that transcends all things.  Let me say it again...  Without hope, our lives would be meaningless.

I love this excert that photographer Robert Adams wrote and how he relates it to hope. "Of all the sacred places on the coast, none is more comforting than where rivers join the sea. By the river's disappearance we are reminded of life's passing, while by the ocean's beauty we accept it, in a hope we cannot explain."

We could all learn something from this.  Maybe by trying to focus a little less on the fleeting failures in our lives and focus a little more on the hope in our lives that eternally matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment