joy in the imperfections...


Felt like I needed to get out and shoot my 8x10 today. The weather was not exactly cooperating with me but I decided to try the shot. It started raining on me (and my camera) in the middle of taking the picture, so I got in a bit of a hurry. I guess I pulled the film holder away from the camera and let in some light. I lost some contrast, but I still like the final image. 

Such a surreal winter scene from the viewpoint of a winding/disappearing road through a local cemetery. As weird as it may sound, I love visiting cemeteries. Any time that I stop at a cemetery, it always makes me reflect on my own life. More than anything, I realize how fragile this life really is. Just as many of the details in this image, some days I feel that my life is disappearing before my eyes. My takeaway for today is to slow down, enjoy the things around me and cherish the memories (no matter how imperfect they are)...

No comments:

Post a Comment