coffee thoughts...

Earlier today, I spent a short time on the patio in the back yard enjoying the cool morning and having a cup of coffee. This is absolutely one of my favorite coffee cups. Sadi got it for me for Christmas many years ago (from a school store where they could spend their reading points). Funny how the corniest thing can become so valuable and sentimental. Seems that years ago, my girls truly thought that "my dad can fix anything". There was never a doubt in their minds!  As the years have passed and both of my girls have "grown up", this has become more of a joke than a truth. They now realize that there are certain things in life that even Dad can't fix.  Just know that I still hold out hope that I can somehow work to remove these doubts, hold up the cup, and announce that I have again fixed something that was broken...

What a humbling cup of coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment