pictures of me...


Had a great time over at the Makeshift Studio in Deep Ellum. The main purpose of the meetup was to judge the entries in the Instant Film Society scavenger hunt. Lots of great entries definitely made it hard to pick. Justin will be posting all the winners on the IFS website here.

Afterwards, Justin asked if I wanted to play around with some double exposures on Impossible 8x10 film. Justin had the idea of taking a picture of a person taking a picture of themself. I had my camera and some film with me, so we started the process... 

We discussed and tried to incorporate as many details as possible. The camera that I was using was actually my camera mounted on my tripod. The bellows are the right length to provide proper focus on my face at that distance. I intentionally smiled as the photographer and had a straight face as the subject. I made sure that my eyes were focused on my "other" face. Lastly, we positioned the cable release on my camera facing Justin's camera so that it was obvious that I was taking a picture. One item to note; I am taller as the photographer. I had the stand on a stool to see the ground glass so we felt like I should be that high in the photo.

The outcome was a incredibly neat photo! Thanks Justin for working on this with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment