albert...


I have found out a few things in this venture with instant film. It is never cheap and no matter how much you think you know, the results can still be unpredictable. I have some 8x10 film with a manufacture date of October 2012. It has been cold-stored, but time has taken it's toll on the chemicals. The lesson learned here is to use more film, more often to avoid the divot results that you see above. My brother-in-law Albert and Sherri's sister were staying with us a couple of days. This photo was a last-minute, go-get-the-camera-out type of photo. The sun was setting fast and we were all in the back yard getting ready to start roasting some marshmallows for s'mores. The composition and exposure were spot on. I guess I have to embrace everything about instant film, including the divots. That is why I ultimately decided to post this photo. Made me think that instant film is much like us as individuals. Sometimes we just need to put our flaws out for everyone to see. In the end, I am so glad Albert let me take this portrait...

No comments:

Post a Comment