faces of pyper...

This is a project that I have been working on since mid February right after I received my order of the Impossible Cyanograph SX-70 film. I ordered the film with the intention of using it in the Impossible Instant Lab. All of the photos, with the exception of one, was taken with my Canon 6D camera and 50mm f/1.4 lens. I didn't really start out with the idea of using almost all of the film documenting Pyper's different facial expressions. But after my first pack of film, I realized that four of the photos were all of Pyper. When I looked at them together, the idea came to me. I decided to use the remaining three packs to see if I could come up with a consistent group of photos showing Pyper at age 3. I remember with my own two girls how soon we forget the expressions that we saw every day for a season of there life. Their personality will always change and if you don't have photos to document it, then you will eventually forget. This project was my reminder of how entertaining Pyper can be. It was such a fun experience, because I became very intentional in recognizing her expressions and I wanted to try to capture as many as possible in a small amount of time. I definitely didn't want this to become a burden. Many of the photos were taken and within seconds I put the camera away. The project was also my reminder of how fleeting every moment (and expression) truly is. Life if fragile. You need to stop and live in every moment that you possibly can. Sometimes you need to stop and capture the moment. Take it in and if you are lucky enough to have a camera, take a photo...

I realize that some of the photos are not perfect. By normal standards, the bright areas are blown out or overexposed. This was a learning process for me with this film and the instant lab. I didn't want to let the quality of the photo keep it out of the set. I honestly believe that all of the photos have a very unique character to them. Just like Pyper...
























No comments:

Post a Comment