disappearing landscape...

Something had to be the first thing that I photographed with my new-to-me 8x10 camera.  This old barn made the cut.

Tyler and I needed a subject with a little more patience than a person to give us plenty of time to step through the process. Our first choice was two grain silos along a tree line right outside of Greenville. Tyler got there first and called me to tell me that the silos were gone. The dirt was still fresh, but they were completely gone! Evidently we just missed the opportunity. :) So we headed on to the second choice...  On our way, we saw this barn and decided it was the winner so we pulled around to start the process. 

All that I can say is that the process is so slow, but so rewarding! When you go through the steps to make this photograph, the connection with the scene/person you are photographing is so real. Knowing this, I have to say that I am looking forward to all the photographic possibilities with my 8x10 camera.

Now on to the image...

No comments:

Post a Comment